Thyroid & Chronic Pain Update

It’s exactly a month since I last posted. For that, I am only a little sorry. It’s because I’ve been so busy at work making it rain money!

It’s also been a while since I’ve done a thyroid update.

When I last saw my Rheumatologist, it was because my General doctor noticed my rheumatoid levels were high. The rheumatologist quickly dismissed that because “my levels were high, but not high enough to be rheumatoid arthritis”. What is the cause of my chronic pain then? He did some tests were he poked me in certain spots and asked me “does that hurt?”. After several “yes” and “no” answers, he finally said he wanted to do some “blood work”. He gave me an order to get some blood labs done at Quest. Then and left and I was charged $45. This I what I had waited an hour past my appointment time for.

I got my blood work done at Quest like I was supposed to. The rheumatologist office said I should hear from them in a few days for the results. Two weeks passed and I still hadn’t heard from them. I gave them a call and the nurse said that my results came back normal. I asked her what the doctor wanted me to do and she said he didn’t say. Thanks for the help. Not. So I didn’t have RA and I didn’t have Firbro. What now?

I decided to go back to my regular doctor. This was during December, the busy season at work, so I kind of forgot to call him for a while. When the pain got worse is when I remembered. When I did finally call, the nurse said that my doctor was going to be about for a while for neck surgery. The soonest I could get in was March 1st.

During my appointment with my doctor, I told him about what happened with the Rheumatologist. He said “there isn’t a blood test for fibromyalgia”. That’s comforting. He told me I need to go back to Dr. Stark (not Ironman unfortunately) and tell I’m still having pain and make him do something about. You mean you want me to pay $45 to tell a doctor to do the job he’s supposed to be doing? No thanks. I’ve found another rheumatologist through a client that also has Hashimotos. I’ll just get a referral to go to him. This client with Hashis was telling me about a disorder she got from a vitamin D deficiency (which I have). She said it’s called Osteomalacia. It causes pain in the bones (especially the lower back, hips, legs, and feet), the pain is worse at night, exhaustion, and weak muscles. These are all my symptoms! The doctor she is going to is Dr. Gonzales. He’s the one treating her for Osteomalacia. He has her on 50,000 iu of vitamin D and calcium. I’m going to call my doctor on Monday and get a referral for Dr. Gonzales. Hopefully he can help me too.

Thyroid Update
During my last thyroid update I told you I no longer had Graves Disease. I had an appointment with my Endo this post Monday (2/29/15). She was weaning me off my Methimozole. This visit I was supposed to get lab results back on my TSH and other T levels. The nurse said she’d send over the lab request to the Quest near me so I didn’t have to drive an hour just for blood work. I went and got my bloodwork done before my appointment like I was supposed to. When my appointment day came, I drove an hour to the office, waited 45 minutes part my appointment time, and paid $20. When I finally saw the doctor she said the wrong labs were sunny to Quest and that they didn’t have my results for my levels. That was the whole point of this visit! They took my blood for this visit and did they’d have results in a couple of days. The only reason why I’m pissed (besides the obvious) is because I’ve been off my Methimozole since February 5th and I can still feel my tremors. They’re not as bad as before I was diagnosed. But it still worries me. What if I went back to hyper and need to be on my meds again? Well idk bc I got the wrong results. I told my doctor about my tremors and she just said well I can’t know until I see the results. What if I have a thyroid storm the mean time? She also didn’t tell what to do if I’m not hyper. Am I supposed to go on Synthroid? I tried to ask but she cut me off then walked out the room. I’m thinking I need to go to another Endo again. We’ll see after they call with the results. My appointment was Monday and here it is Saturday and they haven’t called. I’ll be calling them on this Monday.

Well those are all the updates I have for now. I will post when I have more.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: